Who we are
Rwenzori Information Centres Network (RIC-NET) is a network of information centres owned by youths, women, farmers and Civic activists CBOs; and Districts e-society centres in Rwenzori region. RIC-NET was established and incorporated as Company limited by guarantee (Reg.85565) in 2005 and registered as an NGO (S. 5914/11258).
RIC-NET works closely and has membership within broader NGO networks such as the Development Network of Indigenous Voluntary Associations (DENIVA), Uganda National NGO Forum (UNNGOF), Rwenzori Consortium for Civic Competence (RWECO), Human Rights Defenders Network, Agro-profocus, I-Network and Plantwise Uganda.
|Name:||Rwenzori Information Centre Network (RIC-NET)|
|Postal Address||P.O. Box 916, Fort Portal|
|Office location:||Butangwa-Butebe road, Fort Portal, Kabarole District.|
|Telephone:||+256 382 277 994 // +256 772 607 149|
“Informed and Active Citizens in a Democratic Society”
“Empowering citizens to access and use information for civic engagement and wealth creation”
1) To foster civic engagement, critical debate and dialogue on key development issues among citizens and leaders in Uganda.
2) To build capacity of our members; the youth, women, rural farmers and people with disability in using appropriate knowledge and skills to achieve social, economic, educational and development opportunities.
3) To generate innovative ways of applying ICT by socially excluded communities to demand for their rights and entitlements.
4) To strengthen civil society partnership with public and private sectors, in building the information society in Uganda.
5) Undertaking action research and pilot projects to develop methodologies for improving processes of innovation, learning, capacity development and institutional change.
6) To source, repackage, document and disseminate indigenous knowledge & skills for posterity.
Our Core Values
Transparency and accountability at the centre of all our transactions
Team work to bring about fully shared endeavours
Professionalism and due care in all work
Responsibility for our decisions and actions
Commitment to work and relationships
Respect for human dignity, legal process and justice
Receptive to innovation and creativity
Gender sensitivity and equity
RIC-NET has 7 members of the Board of Directors and 12 staff at the Secretariat.
Board of Directors
- Ms. Kabaikya Agnes Chairperson
- Mr. Mucunguzi Isaiah Treasurer
- Rev Kalyebara Stephen Secretary Board.
- Ms. Kiiza Joy Member
- Mr. Kwesiga Enock Member
- Ms. Kabugho Scovia Member
- Mr. Bahati Azoli Member
Mr. Murugahara John Silco (MBA, BIT, B.Com, Dip. Philo, Dip. Educ,)